The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for financial modeling, forecasting, reporting, and profitability analysis for assigned Brands. This individual reviews and analyzes monthly sales and transactional activity and assesses the impact on overall business results. This individual will assist with financial analysis, quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, special projects, and ad hoc analysis.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and interprets financial data and results against targets/plans and provides reports/summaries.
- Performs detailed research and variance analysis against forecasts, budget, and actuals, on costs, revenue, capital expense, liabilities, and other operating metrics.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to improve analysis and insight and to ensure monthly performance is accurately reflected in the company’s financial systems.
- Facilitates monthly close process and analysis of profit & loss, working capital, and non-financial accounts to ensure accuracy and timeliness, to provide performance recommendations, and to maintain compliance.
- Assists in the development and preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial results packages and presentations.
Forecast and Budget
- Participates in the annual budgeting process which includes the preparation of detailed income and expense budgets at the unit level and other key metrics.
- Performs quantitative analysis and financial modeling of internal and external data to provide insight on drivers of profitability.
- Monitors and analyzes results of financial data and key business metrics to determine progress against plans, forecasts, and budgets.
- Assists with coordination, consolidation, and analysis of monthly forecast cycles and financial statement forecasting.
- Prepares and automates detailed financial reports, dashboards, and presentations for management and the finance team.
- Reconciles financial systems to ensure business transactions are accurately reflected in financial reporting.
- Prepares variance analysis reports of the company’s actual forecast and budget financial results.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and responds to financial analysis requests.
2+ years Progressive finance, accounting, or financial planning/analysis experience
Experience in forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
Retail, franchisee, restaurant, food, or beverage experience
Skills And Abilities
Working knowledge in building financial models, including intermediate to advanced excel skills
Working knowledge of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting models/processes
Ability to convey clear, concise information in verbal, written, electronic, and other communication formats; and to demonstrate active listening while engaging others
Ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships and foster an environment of mutual respect, understanding, trust, and support
Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of stakeholders (e.g., internal and external customers, etc.) in a timely manner